Check out the beard on my great-grandfather! Isn’t he quite the hipster. Too bad the rest of this photo is somewhat frightening. I don’t know if my great-grandparents, Sven and Caroline, were terribly stern, but they certainly appear so.
I decided to have a little fun with my ancestors by creating mixed media frames and then sprinkling the photos with whimsical and brightly colored flowers.
To learn how I did this and to learn more about Sven, Caroline, and twin boys Arvid and Harold, please visit my tutorial at the ColourArte blog.
- Twinkling H20s: Iris Petal, Mystique, Kiwi, Blue Bayou, Hopeful Honeysuckle, Passion Fruit, Lemon Drop, Pewter
- Embossing folders
- Old family photos
- Golden Crackle Paste
- 30PC Color Your Own White Paper Flowers
- Tim Holtz Layered Stencil, Cargo
- Prima Marketing Prima Designer Stencil, 6 by 6-Inch, Crackle
- Beacon Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Golden Traditional Gesso Jar – Black
- Kraft Core Metal Cardstock