After two and a half loooooong months away due to an unplanned medical snafu, I am gratefully alive and finally venturing back into crafting.
Unlike the arrogant little tot featured in my project, I was much less confident about getting back to crafting. I decided to make the transition a little easier by using some of my favorite things for my first project: Gypsy Soul Lasercut’s Mini House Shadowbox, Paper Calliope’s Snarky Ancestors, 7gypsies paper and Seth Apter’s embossing powders.
Tutorial how to make I’m Here Now Little House
1. Begin by running a baby wipe along all the edges of the Mini House Shadowbox to remove residue. Trace the back of the house onto the back of Snarky Ancestors #4. Cut out the image and adhere to the interior of the house. Color the tabs with a back marker so that any gaps won’t be visible. You can also use the marker to darken all the exposed edges of the house.
2. Trace the bottom, sides and roof of the house onto scrapbook paper and cut out. Adhere the papers to what will be the interior of the botttom, sides and roof.
3. Apply embossing ink to the picture of the toddler and cover with vintage beeswax embossing powder.
4. Heat until the embossing powder is melted.
5. Assemble the house except for the roof using a strong glue on the edges.
6. Trace the bottom, sides and back of the house onto scrapbook paper and cut out. These will be your exterior papers. Adhere them to the exterior of the house.
7. Add the roof pieces to the house. You will see further down that I saved this step until later, which created a problem.
8. Create a soft gray by mixing white and Payne’s gray acrylic paint. Paint the exterior of the roof pieces with this mixture as well as cocoa bean, marigold and quinacridone nickle azo gold. Dry with heat gun.
69 Apply embossing ink to the roof pieces and cover with Chunky Rust embossing powder.
When I added the roof, I discovered my mistake of not assembling it before painting and embossing. I had to go back in and paint and emboss all the tab edges.
10. Cut out the saying from Snarky Ancestors (or come up with your own message) leaving additional cardstock along the bottom. Score the cardstock below the writing, fold to create a tab and glue the tab to the bottom of the house.
11. To complete your project adhere miniature flowers and greenery.
Baked Texture Chunky Rust Embossing Powder
Baked Texture Vintage Beeswax Embossing powder
Acrylic paint: white, Payne’s gray, cocoa bean, marigold, quinacridone nickel azo gold
Miniature flowers and greens